AgriCOOPDS is an initiative that has the general objective of promoting agricultural cooperatives or associations, and especially cooperatives linked to family farming, taking advantage of the opportunity that the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) offer us.
The initiative defines five specific objectives:
- To raise awareness on agricultural cooperatives, disseminating good practices and showing clearly the contribution of agri-cooperatives cooperation to the fulfilment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- To create a favourable environment that facilitates the adoption of better public policies, inserting the topic in the agenda of the Decade of Family Farming.
- To improve or strengthen the services offered by Family Farming cooperatives through an exchange programme between cooperatives designed for this purpose.
- To promote the incorporation of more young people and women as members in the existing co-operatives in their region.
- To promote the creation of new co-operatives linked to Family Farming.
Who is this initiative aimed at?
- to the cooperatives themselves,
- public institutions in charge of approving and implementing public policies linked to cooperativism,
- to young people who are members of trade unions, agricultural organisations or other associations/organisations with roots in the territory,
- to women who are members of trade unions, agricultural organizations or other associations/organizations with roots in the territory.
The AgriCOOPDS initiative has been designed by a working group, composed of the following entities, which we would like to thank for their important participation: